The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, April 18, 2016

Feels Like Summer

Hello from 85 degree Dallas! Maybe I really am in Texas...

We had a great week!  We were able to have 3 investigators at church.  Two of them were part member families. 

This week we were going through our part member family list and we stopped and contacted George Romain.  He is a less active member.  He told us that he had been praying that the missionaries would come and visit him because he wants to start his journey back coming to church.  He has a girl friend named Crystal that is not a member that we were able to teach twice this week.

We were able to receive six referrals this week!  We are in need of people to teach so that was a focus we had of asking everyone!  Members were willing to give us referrals and we were able to get a couple new investigators out of it!

The Kiner family:  Brother Kiner called us with some questions about the Priesthood.  He was raised in an apostolic church and their church is similar to ours.  He has some concerns of why he would need to be baptized again.  We talked to him today and unfortunately he was laid off from his job.  He worked for some members so he has a little bit of hard feelings.  He asked for us to take about a two-week break from teaching his family so he can focus on finding a new job.  I don't think he will be able to get baptized while I am here in Oregon but I know that he will some day.  I haven't ever met someone with such real intent to know the truth!

We were able to find four new investigators but we haven't had any follow up lessons with any of them so I will tell you more about their progress next week!

I was able to finish the Book of Mormon in Spanish.  I just started over again for the 4th time on my mission.  I am so grateful for the Book of Mormon.  I have been able to come so much closer to my Savior by reading it.  I know so strongly that it is the keystone of our religion.  If we want to stay strong in our testimony we have to hold strong to the Book of Mormon.  I am so grateful that I have been able to read it every day along with the New Testament.

Emotions are all over the place here in Dallas but I am so grateful for these last few weeks that I have to serve the Lord.  I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!

Xoxo


Sis Giff

No comments:

Post a Comment