The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Tuesday, January 12, 2016

Mad Cow

Hello my fellow fam!

How is everyone doing? Looks and sounds like its pretty cold there in Utah. Thankfully it warmed up a lit bit this last week. But I think the cold from the last week got me. :(  I got super sick with some nasty congestion and sinus stuff.  I was out for awhile but I am feeling much better.  Let me tell you its pretty different being sick when you don't have momma bringing you apple juice hehe :)

We had a great week with Yoselin. We had a wonderful FHE with the West family and we are going to have another one tonight!  We also had Natalia who is a laurel come to a lesson and she was so amazing in it!  Natalia is also a convert so she shared a great testimony. This week our focus is on having Yoselin talk to her parents about baptism because she has to have their permission prior to baptism.

Chayo and Carlos have set their date to move the 23rd of January.  It is going to be so strange to not have them here.  We typically teach them 3-4 times a week.  But to look at it positively we get to find new people that are searching for the gospel.  They will always be apart of me though.

We had Missionary Leadership Council this week.  We talked a lot about the importance that repentance precedes baptism.  Our mission for the last couple of months has been one of the top for baptisms but we really want to make sure these people are converted.  Our focus was teach Repentance, Baptize Converts.  These meetings are wonderful and filled with the Spirit.

This week I got to go on exchanges with Sister Kennelly.  Now this sister is awesome!  I learned a lot about responsibility.  She wants to makes sure she is always exactly on time.  She has even calculated how long she can take in the shower every morning.  I love spending time with sisters and learning from their great examples.

The New Testament is AWESOME! I haven't gotten too far in it because I am really trying to understand it but I absolutely love it.  It is amazing to read how the Savior teaches.  I am so grateful for our Savior Jesus Christ and His perfect example.  "He walked the roads of Palestine, healing the sick, causing the blind to see and raising the dead."  How can you become closer to your Savior?  For me the New Testament is awesome at this time of my mission.

You are all great!  I love you all!


Sis Giff


The OSM Missionary Leadership
We got to go bowling with these Sisters from another zone



No comments:

Post a Comment