The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, January 18, 2016

Mad Cow times 2?

Hello everyone!

How goes it? Happy Birthday to Emmitt yesterday! I hope that you had a great day little dude!

Well lets see for this week...I started feeling better Monday and Tuesday and then all of a sudden I started coughing like crazy and my asthma got pretty bad. So I went to the doctor and low and behold I have bronchitis yay! But they put me on some good meds so I am starting to do better!

This week we weren't able to make too much progress with Yoselin because she had a crazy work schedule. Her baptismal date was set for January 23rd but we are going to have to move it back because she wasn't able to make it to church.  But we will be having an FHE at a members house with her tonight so we are hoping to get her right back on date!

The time is ticking down with Chayo, Carlos and their family.  They will be moving on Saturday.  We have their address in California so missionaries can be there to meet them there very first day there.

We got 3 member referrals this week so we are super excited for these people to see.  It’s so great to get referrals from members because then they already know someone in the branch and feel more comfortable from the beginning.  I will let you know how the progress goes with them next week.

This Wednesday we have a world wide missionary conference with Elder Oaks and some other general authorities.  All the missionaries around the world will tune in to watch this conference.  We are pretty excited about it.  Afterwards, Sister Estudillo and I get to give an hour training.  We have three one hour trainings this week on different topics..yay... haha!  Lots of planning for us!

This week I went on exchanges with an awesome sister from Mesa AZ.  We had a whole day with nothing set so we got to do a lot of finding.  We have been working a lot on finding new investigators.  We got to spend some time out walking.  It was fun to talk to people on the street.  I felt like we hadn't had a full day of finding in awhile so it was good to feel, like a real missionary again hehe :)

Well that pretty much sums up our week! This week I really enjoyed sacrament meeting and thought how great of a blessing it is to renew our covenants every week.  Every week we have the opportunity to think of our Savior and all He did for us.  I invite you this next Sunday to really take advantage of the time we have to partake of the sacrament. Really think how you can better use the Atonement.

I love you all. Have a fabulous week!

Xoxo


Hermana Gifford

This is the First Grove Zone- we gave a training for the zone training meeting.



MCMINNVILLE ZONE-best zone ever. We played pickle ball for zone pday today.

No comments:

Post a Comment