The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, November 9, 2015

What a week :D

Buenos tardes mi familia!

How are you all?  Is it winter in Utah yet?  

I keep forgetting to mention. Congrats to Amber getting married! And congrats to Kim on her mission call. You're about to have the best time of your life :)

The rainy Oregon season has begun! We had a great week here in McMinville. We finally were able to meet with Yoselin this week!  She has two jobs, goes to school and has an internship so she has been extremely busy but we were able to have a lesson with her.  We talked about the Priesthood and Prophets. We shared President Monson's talk on being a light to others. She really enjoyed it. She says that she can feel a difference from when we are there and the time we haven't been with her.  She has a few days off of school this week so we hope we will get to meet with her again.

We also had a great lesson with Lydia. We had a great member present. Hermana Alba shared her experience of how after investigating the church for a year how she finally made the decision to be baptized.  It helps a lot because Lydia and Hermana Alba have been friends for quite some time.  We invited Lydia to fast for her husband to have an open heart.  She feels that she is ready to be baptized but her husband is holding her back.

We had a pretty off week with Rose and Carlos.  It started off great.  We moved Rose's baptismal date to November 15th but the next lesson with her she was second guessing getting married.  She totally wants to get baptized but she doesn't feel ready for the commitment to be married. Please keep her in your prayers.

We also had a great lesson with the Perez family who is a part member family. We taught them about the Sabbath day.  We are planning on Christopher and Kimberly (2 of their children) to get baptized December 6th.

Transfer calls were this last Saturday.  Hermana Wilde and I were eating lunch when President Samuelian called.  I thought oh that silly goose he must have our number confused with someone else. He wasn't confused...Haha I have been called to be a Sister Trainer Leader.  I will get to finish Hermana Wilde's training.  So a sister named Sister Rosado and I will be serving as STL's together.  Basically what we do is help 5 sets of sisters of 3 zones fulfill their purpose as missionaries, go on exchanges with them and go to a lot of meetings. That's about all I know that I am doing so now you all know as much as I do.  I know that this opportunity to serve is an answer to my prayers. I have come to find on my mission that charity is one of the biggest weaknesses I have.  Once I get to know someone well I love them to death but I have struggles loving random people on the street and having the gift of charity for others instantly.  Well a mission is literally the best time ever to get to change to become the people we want to be, but more importantly the people Heavenly Father wants us to be.  I have been praying a lot to find a way to love others more.  When President Samuelian called he said that this call comes straight from Heavenly Father and I felt the spirit so strongly that this was the answer to my prayer.  I have no idea what I am doing and feel quite inadequate, but I know that this time to serve others will help me overcome some of my weaknesses.  

I have such a strong testimony of the Atonement.  If we turn to the Lord He will let us know our weaknesses and as we RELY on him He will make those weak things strong.

Well you are all wonderful and I love you lots, have a wonderful week!


Hermana Gifford

Hermana West and I.  She is an awesome member in our Branch.

Some Hermana's from a couple of months ago

No comments:

Post a Comment