The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, November 16, 2015

Miracles! Woo!


This week I am going to start off by saying... I LOVE BEING A MISSIONARY :) It is so great to be here.

We had a great week. I am so grateful for all the blessings that we receive every day. I hope that it was a great week in the freezing valley of Utah..Gotta say I don't miss the snow too much.

Happy Birthday to Abby on Sunday! I love you sister.

We had quite a busy week. There were over 7 hours worth of meetings this week that I went to. I was getting really nervous that our area is going to not progress as much….But oh I was wrong.  We were able to get 10 member presents this week!  That is one of the hardest goals to accomplish in Spanish work.  It was great to get so many members come out with us.  We also found 3 new investigators.  We found these investigators by going through the area book and contacting old investigators and tracting.  Finding new investigators has been one of our struggles so we are excited to work with these 3 new great children of God.

Great news - Rose and Carlos are back on date for December 6th.  We will be planning for their wedding to be December 5th.  I love this family so much. You know how there are some people that you think, "What would it be like if I never met them?"  That’s how I feel about this great family.  Unfortunate news is that Bruce (their 16 year old son) fell back into some word of wisdom issues this past week so he will be going back to the juvenile center.  He was doing so good.  It’s crazy how real Satan is.  

Saturday we found this great video on overcoming addictions and we felt so strongly we needed to show them this video that night.  When we went for our appointment they weren't home.  They didn't get home until after our curfew so we couldn't see them.  It was that night that Bruce fell into temptation. The Lord really knows our weaknesses and the Holy Ghost is there to help warn us. But I know that he is going to overcome this addiction :)

Christopher Perez is on date for December 13th.  We were planning for December 6th but his dad will have to work that day so we changed it.  We had a great lesson with them on the Restoration.

We actually had a lot of lessons on the Restoration this week.  We felt prompted that all of our dinner messages for the week should be centered on the Restoration.  We had a lot of great spiritual experiences with members helping them remember how blessed we are to be apart of the restored gospel.

This week one of my personal goals was to listen to ALL promptings and ACT. My testimony was strengthened of how much the Lord is working right along side of us.  There are so many things I wouldn't do or say if I didn't have the guide of the Spirit.  We are able to see so many miracles as we listen to all the Spirit guides us to do.  

I hope you are all doing great.  Pray to be more in tune with the Spirit this week.  Pray that the Spirit will help guide you to share the gospel with someone this week.  All you need to do is open your mouth and He will do the rest.

I love you all!

Hermana Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment