The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, October 26, 2015

Hello hello my family

Hi everyone!

How has your week been? I hope great as it has been here in Oregon!

We had some really awesome experiences this week.  I will start with the Perez family. The mom and daughter Alexa are members, and husband and other two children are not. We have been teaching them for awhile.  I haven't talked about them much because they haven't progressed too much. Teaching them has been quite a struggle. They are very quiet and look like they want to die when we teach them.  When we had a set lesson I got pretty stressed out.  I was determined to have a great lesson with them.  I was on exchanges with one of the sister trainer leaders and we came up with the idea of doing like a hands on plan of salvation. Holy smokes was that lesson great or what?? They were so focused and really enjoyed it! Their favorite part was talking about the celestial kingdom and how they want to be there united. They came to church on Sunday! They haven't come in 8 weeks so it was great to see them there!

Chayo and Carlos are progressing at a little slower pace.  We were wanting to get them married at the end of November but because of Thanksgiving it looks like it will be beginning of December.  Carlos is trying to cut back on smoking. He is at 3 cigarettes a day so he is making progress!  We are really focusing on helping them understand how the Book of Mormon can help them.

We had our third lesson with Ana Ramirez this week. We taught the plan of salvation. She really enjoyed learning where we come from and why we are here.  She read in the Book of Mormon and had a few great questions.  She committed to be baptized when she knows these things are true.

We were able to have interviews with President Samuelian this week.  I am so grateful for the opportunity I have him as my mission president.  I really can't imagine having another mission president.  He's kind of like a second dad while I don't have my pop here with me for 18 months.  As I was leaving the interview he says, "You know Hermana Gifford...You're a lot like a boy how everything is a competition."   Hahah! That’s a Gifford for you!

Well we get to go to the temple tomorrow! We have to get flu shots next Monday so they are making our P-day this Friday and we won't have one on Monday. So if you can write me by Friday please.   :)

I love you all. The Lord is hastening His work every single day!


Hermana Gifford

Exchanges with the sister trainer leaders

No comments:

Post a Comment