The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, March 28, 2016

Dallas, Texas???

Hello Hello!

How is everyone doing?

I want to start off by saying congrats to my amazing cousin Sarah!! I am so excited to hear about your mission call. You are going to be the best missionary. You will soon start the best journey of your life :)

Wellllll I am now serving in Dallas.  I know super weird haha.  I am not in Dallas Texas.  Dallas is a town of about 14,000 people.  There are three wards here in Dallas and I am serving in the Cooper Hollow Ward.  The members here are so amazing.  They are all very kind and supportive in helping us out.

Well when we got to our apartment….we opened the door and there was a giant disaster.  We spent about 4 hours cleaning out trash.  We also found a pet lizard.  Don't know what the old missionaries were doing but it was pretty disappointing to find things that definitely shouldn't be in a missionary's apartment.  The elders hadn't written any lesson reports in over a year. Typically that’s how you go off to find people to teach.  The members have been super helpful in giving us referrals and telling us the people the elders had been working with.  The week has been full of finding but it has been so great because we have so many people that we have to meet.

My companion and I have been doing all we can to gain the members trust.  We have been setting up appointments with them and going over and sharing a quick message and asking for referrals.  We called all the auxiliaries and asked who we should visit and asked how we could help.  We know that the way they are going to trust us is through our service and love.  So far the results have been awesome!

We had an investigator at church our first Sunday so that was great!  We found a lady named Kathy, we taught her a few principles and invited her to church. She said yes and she came!!  We are not sure with all of the potential with Kathy because we aren't sure if she is all there….But she is great!

Sister Tedrow….Sister Tedrow is my companion from good ole Lehi, Utah.  She is so amazing!  She is the sweetest person I have ever met.  She played basketball so she likes working out!  Wooo!  She is already such an amazing missionary and has such a strong desire to serve the Lord.  She is super courageous as well.  We have had a lot of fun together.  She reminds me of Emilie Jackson from the ward.  Super sweet and fun.

Fun story! We were eating at the Rivers home who are members in the Ward/ Stake.  We were talking for awhile and Gerald Rivers asks me, “Sorry I forgot your name what is it?” I told him and he says, "You don't happen to know a Grant Gifford do you?" Well I'll be darned!  Brother Gerald Rivers and Grandpa know each other from their childhood I believe.  Brother Rivers’ 103 year old mother is still alive and she was there.  She was very good friends with Warner and Mary Gifford.  She asked me to send the love to Grandpa. Such a small world.

I am so grateful for this opportunity that I have to serve in Dallas.  The area is great and there is so much work to be done here.  I am so excited for General Conference.  I invite you all to have specific questions as you watch it.  I know that as you prayerfully think of questions the Lord will answer those.

I love you all and hope you have a wonderful week!’

Love always,


Sister Gifford


Hermana Nancy Rodriguez and Judith

Jade West

My last Mexican dinner 💔
The trash from the elders...


Sister McArthur and I. We got to serve close by each other and we knew
each other from home



Sister Tedrow!
We were matching and didn't even notice until a bunch of people pointed it out

No comments:

Post a Comment