The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, February 29, 2016

Where is the Time Going?

Hello everyone!

I hope all is well wherever you are.  To start off, happy birthday to the cutest little Abe and two of my bffs Hanah and Skalla.  I love you all!

It was another interesting week! 

Some exciting news is that we stopped by to check up with Yoselin and she told us that her feelings of baptism has completely changed and that she is feeling better about it.  But we haven't been able to see her since, so I am not really sure exactly where that is at right now.

We weren't able to see Melissa and Griselda Arroyo but we have a lesson with them tonight and we have a member coming that we feel like they will click really well.

I am not sure if I have said anything about Estela. She was a referral from a member.  She was in the hospital for a few weeks that was supposed to have a minor surgery but it went wrong. We were able to teach her twice last week. She asked to receive a blessing because she wants to get another blessing.  We explained the Priesthood to her and she really enjoyed it!  There is a member that comes with us that they really have become great friends.

We are really working a lot more with our members. We have asked a few families to have FHE's in their homes and to invite their non-member friends. We are excited to see how that all works out.

Tuesday we had Zone Conference.  It was my last Zone Conference which was weird since I still have quite awhile left but we only have zone conferences once every three months. Three things that I really enjoyed was the importance of working as a team!  In our companionships, with our families and especially with the Lord.  The importance of creating a Christ like culture and the last thing is that to grow, our faith requires that we take a step in the darkness first.  This week I read the talk, "What lack I yet" and I have been praying about what it is that the Lord wants me to change right now in my mission.  I invite you all to pray and think about what the Lord would have you change at this point in your life. I know that if you pray sincerely the Lord will help you know what you need to change and as we rely on Him, He will help us change.

I love you all and hope that you have a week filled with the love of the Lord!

XOXO


Sister Gifford


This is Aden. He is the son of one of the less active members we are
teaching. What a cutie!

No comments:

Post a Comment