The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, August 3, 2015

Over The Hump

Hello Fam!

It was quite the toasty week in Oregon. To start off I want to say congrats to my best friend forever Macie that is getting married on Friday. It rips my heart that I won't be there….But she will be the most beautiful bride :)

It was a pretty interesting week. One of the best things is that we got to do a Restoration tour again this week with Lissandra and her mom.  It was great.  We convinced them to come by popcorn.  We had everything set up (we went to their house 2 hours prior to remind them) we waited...and waited…we waited for about 35 minutes after they were supposed to come.  We started to clean up when they walked in. Better late then never right?  We feel that this lesson really helped Lissandra understand the Restoration.

We had another great lesson with Marcela!  We taught her the Restoration.  She loved it.  We were planning on having three lessons with her this week but she started working cleaning houses so we were only able to teach her one.  She accepted to be baptized when she comes to know the things we teach her are true. We will be extending her a date our next visit. 

Sad news :( Socorro left on Thursday to fight fires. She will be gone for probably around a month!  We are praying that this time away from home will really help her miss feeling the Spirit and want it for her self.

This week we will be doing a lot of finding to find some people that the Lord has prepared for the gospel.  It is crazy how time flies.  I have been in this ward for 8 months.  I love the members dearly.  Well sorry this is pretty short, but I don't have much else to say! I hope you have a great week!

Love you!


Hermana Gifford

Dinner with my favorite Hermana's

I got out of the shower Wednesday morning and Hermana Bunderson had this all set up. She made me pancakes for breakfast and cookies for
lunch! She is so sweet.

No comments:

Post a Comment