The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, August 24, 2015

Haws Fly Together

Hello Everyone!

Well I know you have all been dying to hear..haha but I am in McMinville.  And I am still speaking SPANISH :).

We are in a Spanish branch. We cover a few little cities: McMinville, Amity, La Fayette, and Dayton.  And guess who my companion is?? Hermana Natallia Stevens! We went to high school together and even better...we had Spanish class together!  She is super awesome.  She has been out 6 weeks. There have been a few challenges in this area but I am looking forward to the future!

The area is so beautiful. The members are awesome! Guess what?? They actually are trying to get to know my name!  This branch is a lot more of a family than Salem. The work is very different here.  In fact I feel like I am in a whole different country.  I got a little home sick this week.  By home sick I mean missing Salem..haha!  I got so close to the members there they felt like family to me.  But I know this is where I need to be now!

There are some super awesome investigators that are progressing.  Chayo is one and she came to church.  She just recently moved from California. She is really looking to change her life.  We are hoping to put her on date soon.

Marcelino is another super awesome investigator. His family is all in Mexico and he is here working trying to provide for his family.  We talked to him a lot about his questions to the Book of Mormon.  He was planning on coming to church but got called to work.

Yoseline is another super awesome girl we are teaching!  She is 17.  She recently moved back home and is wanting to change her life.  We had 2 great lessons with her.  She wasn't able to make it to church.

So I got to speak in church on Sunday! I talked about the importance of following the Holy Ghost. It was such a great opportunity for the members to get to know me a little more.  I never realized before my mission the importance of always listening to the Spirit.  I know that the Holy Ghost is one of the most powerful blessings that we have.  The Spirit can truly guide us in every decision.  The members use us a lot more here.  I translated for Relief Society.  My first time ever doing that but it was fun!

Well I better get going but I love you all! I am so grateful for this time that I have to serve the Lord. Being a missionary ROCKS! Try to listen to the promptings of the Spirit this week :)

Xoxo


Hermana Gifford

La familia Robledo

​Hermana Noemi Deloya- Relief Society president

La familia Andrade

La familia McBride

La familia Villalobos

​Oscar y Nazario Ramirez


Villalobos kids. Cutest family EVER

No comments:

Post a Comment