The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, April 6, 2015

Happy Day After Easter

Hello hello!

I can't believe I forgot Clarence's birthday! Haha! Happy birthday pup!
Hopefully dad can give him some peanut butter or something!

Conference was amazing! Getting to watch conference, as a missionary has been one of my favorite experiences yet!  I am so grateful for President Monson and the apostles, I know they have been called of God. Their messages were so powerful!

For this week Oscar is on track for baptism this coming Sunday!  We are so excited for him. He told his friends in primary that he is getting baptized! He has expressed some doubts to us; please keep him in your prayers.  Satan definitely works extra hard the week of baptism!

We had a lesson with Maria Ortega about an hour ago. We watched the restoration video and she understands it a lot more! We are really working on getting her to church. She reads and prays but has troubles coming to church.

This week was filled with finding! We went through our old investigator list and found a part member family! The Arevalo family!  The mom was baptized when she lived in Utah but fell away when her and her husband moved to Oregon. Her husband is super awesome, he has taken lessons several times and has had a few different baptismal dates but has never felt it was the right time. We are praying that the Lord is preparing them to be ready now! Hermano Arevalo reminds me of Danny.

Socorro came to two sessions of general conference!  When we were talking to her after our lesson with Oscar she just randomly said, "I am not getting baptized yet because I want to keep learning."  I know that one day Socorro will be ready to take the step of baptism!

Transfers will be next week..dun dun dun..I am hoping it stays the same but who knows maybe I will get my fifth companion in five months.  haha!

Well I hope you have a great week! My testimony was strengthened so much during conference on our Savior.  I know that He completed all that Heavenly Father sent Him to do. We can get through literally everything, as we trust in Him always. I love you all and I know that my Redeemer lives!

Love always,


Hermana Gifford

No comments:

Post a Comment