The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, January 26, 2015

Herrro mommyy

Hi everyone!

I hope everyone had a great week! And I hope all you sickies start feeling better sheesh!

Crazy how many people got their mission calls this week! The Lord is hastening His work.

It has been a great week! Its been weird to not have three of us anymore but Sister Meise is amazing.  I am so grateful to have her as my trainer.  She has taught me many things and helps me become a better missionary every day.

So some exciting news is that about an hour ago I was with Ella Colvin! We stopped by to say hi and we talked for a little bit. Unfortunately we didn't get to take a picture because she said she didn't have her hair done. But we are going to go back for dinner some time to meet Lloyd as well and she said we can take a picture then.  She is awesome.  

It was awesome to hear her talk about Grandma and Grandpa Gifford.  She told me that her and her husband have an eternal bond with them and they will be friends for eternity. And of course she went on and on about how amazing Grandma Marlene was.  Such a neat experience.  Please make sure you tell Grandpa I saw them!

Tuesday we had a transfer meeting and it was amazing. The Spirit was so strong as President and Sister Samuelian talked.  I am tellin ya...President Samuelian is going to be an apostle some day!  Haha… He truly is amazing. He talked a lot of going where the Lord commands you to go. The Spirit was so strong and I know that Heavenly Father doesn't want me anywhere right now except being a missionary in Salem Oregon!

So a lot of our investigators haven't been progressing so we have been in need of finding more people.  This week we got to do a lot of tracting!  A lot of door knocking and street contacting.  This week was probably the hardest I have worked.  Basically we didn't not waste a single second because of the need we are in to find new people. With all the searching we got one new investigator.  I have been able to learn how to be more patient this week :) I know that the Lord is helping us find people that are prepared to hear the gospel!

There was a drunk driver that ran into one of the members garage and totally destroyed it.  The member does some sort of work in construction so his whole garage was filled with tools and stuff that totally got broken.  We got to help them clean the garage out with a pair of Elders.  Oh let me tell you that just because they're elders doesn't mean they work harder than sisters hahah...

Oh! We got new Zone Leaders because of transfers and guess what? One of the zone leaders is from Utah…Draper...and went to Alta!  And was in my seminary class haha!  His name is Elder Joly.  We weren't really friends before but its crazy how small of a world it is. There are 3 of us in my zone from good ole Alta High School.

We tried to go back and visit Wilfredo this week but 6 men moved in with him :(  So even if we bring a member with us we will still be out numbered by men. So unfortunately we will have to pass him off to the Elders but hopefully he will still have to the desire to get baptized!

Friday we have ward soccer.  The missionaries in the ward all decided that we wanted to invite everyone! It was awesome like 20 non-members showed up to play soccer! Hopefully some of them will want to take the lessons.

On Saturday Hermana Meise and I decided that we wanted to visit a lady that was taught by Elders in the past.  But for the life of us we couldn't find her address on the map.  We really felt like we needed to go there.  We decided to check the mail and the GPS you sent me came!  The perfect timing!  So we used the GPS and went to the address. The lady we were looking for wasn't there but the apartment next door is where we found our new investigator!  She seemed really open so we are excited to go back and visit her again. So thanks to you momma, you helped one of our prayers get answered!

Oregon is awesome! Lots of hippies, homeless people, drugs but also HISPANICS :) I am grateful for the little ways the Lord blesses us each day. I hope you all have a great week!

Love,

Hermana Gifford
I will never be able to make cookies…hahah

No comments:

Post a Comment