The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, January 19, 2015

Hello! Hello!


Hello everyone!

I am so happy for Hayley going to Korea! She is going to be such an amazing missionary!

Another great week in Salem! Week of transfers…anddd Hermana Cardon is leaving Hermana Meise and I :( She will spending her last six weeks in an English area. It’s very possible that someday I could get transferred to an English area so that scares me a little bit.  Hermana Meise will still be an STL and they are calling another Sister Trainer Leader somewhere else so these last 6 weeks of my training will be interesting!

One of the things that Sister Trainers do is go on exchanges with the sisters in the area.  But I am not a sister trainer leader.  There has to be two of us...haha so I will be going on a lot of exchanges this next transfer but just for kicks and giggles. It will be interesting.

I am going to miss Hermana Cardon a lot!  She has helped me strengthen my testimony in many way. Crazy that I am halfway done with training!  In order to not get frustrated with Spanish I just make myself progress a little every day, and its working!  I have learned so much these last six weeks and its just going to keep getting better!

So do you remember last week how I said Alfredo came to church?  Well he came again!  But, turns out his name is Wilfredo not Alfredo!  Woops…haha but anyway we were never able to teach him because he was busy a lot.  He is still progressing, reading the Book of Mormon, praying and coming to church! Pray for Wilfredo/Alfredo haha.

We met with Javier, Adriana and Augustine.  Unfortunately they aren't progressing by reading and praying but they are interested in learning more.  I think that Augustine is the most interested out of the three.  It’s cool teaching them because they have so many great questions that a lot of people have so its super cool to teach them.  I just hope that they start reading and praying!  We might not see huge success right away but I know that we will see it after awhile.
This Sunday was ward conference and the stake leaders talked a lot about the Proclamation to the Family and that is where my testimony was strengthened mostly this week.  I am so grateful to have an eternal family and that one day and I can start my own. It’s all a part of God's wonderful plan!

I love you all! Remember to say family prayers this week :)

Hermana Gifford

The street I will love on someday!


No comments:

Post a Comment