The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, January 12, 2015

Another Week!

Hello Hello!

Crazy every one is so sick! I hope that everyone starts feeling better this week! The little sickies at the hospital need my momma back! I hope you start feeling better Mom!

First happy birthday to Emmitt on the 17th!! I hope you have a great day buddy!

This week was awesome!  Tuesday we were doing personal studies and I felt like I should really pray about where to study.  I waited for a while and then I felt like I should study 2nd Nephi 31.  I felt like I really learned a lot from the chapter and more about the doctrine of Christ. That night we were teaching a less active family that has come the past few Sunday’s and as we were teaching them, one of my companions said, “I think we should read 2nd Nephi 31 with them”.  It was awesome!  I knew exactly what was going on just because I had really tried to listen to the Spirit during personal study! I was able to share things I probably wouldn't have been able to if I hadn't studied it. My testimony of personal study grew a ton!

Wednesday my companions had Missionary Training Council so I spent the day with another set of sisters. It was a super successful day.  We got 4 new investigators in one day and taught them all!  I am kind of bummed that I won't get to teach them again but it was super awesome to spend the day with them and learn how to follow the Spirit in different ways!

So we have a few investigators we are teaching but the only one that is progressing right now is Alfredo.  Alfredo is in his late 20's or early thirties.  He came from Mexico a few years ago and lives all by himself.  Since we are in a trio we can teach a male by himself.  He is super lonely here because he doesn't have any friends or family here.  He is super interested and has been reading and praying almost every day. Anddd…. he came to volleyball on Friday.  We have volleyball and soccer every week with the ward and the Latinos love playing so its a great way to get investigators.  

The members were so kind to him and asking him if he would come to church on Sunday. So Saturday night we talked to him and he said that he wanted to come to church. But he can't drive and It’s against the rules to drive other people. So we were calling and calling people to pick him up for church and no one would respond!  Sunday morning still no one would respond. As we were driving to church I said a personal prayer that someone would be willing to pick Alfredo up.  We went to church and at 8:50 a member walked in and said,

“Did you find a ride for your investigator”?  We said, “no..can you”??   He said, “yes”!

 They were late but they made it just in time for the sacrament! It was a great sacrament and he stayed for all 3 meetings.  In gospel principles they talked about the Word of Wisdom and he was all excited about it!  I felt prompted to set a date with him so we asked him if he would get baptized Feb. 7th.   He was a little shaky about that.  We asked him to pray about it.  We will see when we meet with him again this week!

Friday during training we were doing role-plays.  Hermana Cardon told me that she wanted me to bare my testimony from listening to the Spirit.  I did that and the Spirit was great.  Next she said, “Okay, I want you to bare your testimony relying on the spirit and pretend I am someone that you really love in your life that doesn't have the gospel right now”.  It felt like the Spirit filled up the whole room, it was awesome!  She had me do that to see how important it is to love the people you teach and rely on the spirit because then they will also be able to feel the Spirit. I am very grateful for that experience.

The mission is so awesome. Every single day is hard but I am able to see my testimony grow every single day as well.

I love you all!  Have a great week!


Hermana Gifford


Thanks for the pictures!
Thanks to Savannah I have art work on my wall :)


No comments:

Post a Comment