The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, March 9, 2015

Hellookoo

Hello my loved ones...

How is everyone doing? I hope that everyone had a great week!

So the big news is that I have been transferred to Hayesville and my companion is...Hermana Aubrey! Yay! I was with her 3 weeks prior to the transfer in the trio. We are about 10 minutes away from my old area, so not too far away.  I am so happy that I get to stay in the ward here. There is a lot more that I want to accomplish here :)

Hermana Aubrey is one of the most genuine, nicest people I have ever met. She has been out for a little over a year. All of her companions have been natives or fluent so she has been able to rely on her companions.  This is going to be a great time to learn a lot of Spanish!  We will be able to learn a ton together!

Our main progressing investigator right now is Maria Cruz.  We have had 3 lessons with her and she has read out of the Book of Mormon every time. She has a desire to learn more of the Book of Mormon and learn why it's important to have the Book of Mormon and the Bible.  She told us that she wants to go see the Portland temple this next week so we are really hoping that we can go with her so she can see where she can have her family forever!

Update with Socorro.  Oh Socorro...She told us this week that she doesn't want to get baptized anytime soon. It is pretty crazy because her husband that is a recent convert is like exploding with faith. This is my first experience like this as a missionary.  I really felt like she was ready to be baptized and I have never prayed or fasted for someone so hard in my life. So basically I was expecting for her to just get baptized because of this.  But that isn't how things always work :) Now isn't the time for Socorro but I know Heavenly Father has a plan for her and one day she will have an open heart to the gospel of Jesus Christ.

We had a referral that we had tried to contact a few times named Griselda but weren't able to.  Wednesday, we went to try to contact her one last time but she wasn't home. The Elders that referred her said that she was super interested.  We went back to the car and prayed of where we needed to go. After we prayed there was a cute Hispanic mom walking down the road holding a baby and holding the hand of a three year old.  We hopped out of the car to go talk to her and I asked her what her name was...and it was Griselda! We were able to have one lesson with her this past week. We are not sure how far it will go with her but the Lord gives us small little miracles every single day!


Hermana Aubrey and I were able to teach the youth Sunday school class.  We talked about the Atonement.  I just wanted to smoosh it in there face so much. Hahah!  If only I had realized how amazing the Atonement is just 6 months ago.  It's crazy how much Satan is aiming for the youth but a lot of times we don't realize that it is Satan and that we just want to be little rebels.  I am so grateful now to know how amazing and infinite the Atonement is!

I also was thinking yesterday how amazing our family is.  I feel like the luckiest baby sister in the world.  Not only do I have amazing parents, but my siblings are my best friends!  I just want to give you all a bear hug because I get to be with you rug rats for eternity!

One morning for personal study I was reading in Alma 34 thinking how this week was a little difficult, and then I was reading how important it is to always be patience through our hard times.  No matter where or when we are in life we are going to have difficult days/weeks because that is part of Heavenly Father's plan to learn.  But as we use the Atonement we can get through anything AND with a positive attitude! :) No matter what anyone of you are going through, please always remember that our Savior Jesus Christ suffered everything tiny thing we go through.  Through Him we can feel peace and joy. He is there waiting for us its just a matter if we let Him in our lives.

Ah being a missionary is so awesome! I love spreading His love every day!  I hope you all have a great week and utilize the Atonement more in your lives. It’s never too late :)

Love,


Hermana Gifford


Greg is healing up quite well :)

​Goodbye Hermana Meise :( she is only ten minutes away so we see her every night at dinner but....Hahah I am sooo grateful to have had the most amazing trainer ever. I know with no doubt Heavenly Father put me with her for many reasons.

The ward council came up with a vision! It is so amazing to see the ward wanting to start working with the missionaries! I wrote it out and put it on my wall because I got a little excited about it :)

No comments:

Post a Comment