The Mission Call

The Mission Call
Salem Oregon Mission - Spanish Speaking

Reading

Reading
Preparing to Serve

Called to Serve

Called to Serve

Called To Serve

Called To Serve

Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16, 2015



Helllo!

I hope everyone had a great week and lovely Valentines Day.

This week went by crazy fast. We have been very busy covering two areas. We were so busy we didn't have a single second to do any finding or tracting, just a bunch of visits.

This week we had zone conference. With combining the two areas there are a lot of investigators we are teaching. I wish I could tell you about every single one but things are a little hectic when you are working on two areas :)

President Samuelian talked about acting and not being acted upon. There are so many ways on a mission that we can be acted upon but the best missionaries act for themselves.

Sister Samuelian talked about conviction, conversion and the courage to do great things. Something that really stood out to me was how important it is that once we receive an answer, how important it is that we act on it. If we trust the Lord we need to act on promptings right away. I was able to receive a lot of answers to my personal prayers and I am so grateful for the way the Spirit helps answers our prayers!

We have a new investigator this week named Siria.  She is about 25 years old and living by herself.  She has a friend that was recently baptized and wants to learn more about the church.  She is going through a lot of hard things so we were able to talk to her a little about the Atonement.  It’s amazing how the Atonement is for EVERYONE.  Every single person in the world goes through hard times, but because of the Atonement we can get through them and feel peace in our lives.

Yesterday we were looking for a referral but he wasn't home.  We were walking back to our car and we saw a car the had a sticker that says 'Jesus is abundant'.  We found that apartment and inside we heard a lady yelling at her kids and very angry for some reason.  We were debating if we should knock or not but then the Spirit told us all to knock on her door! So we did and we met Laura!  

Laura moved from California a year ago!  And guess what else?  She is a member!  She was baptized when she was 16 and went to church in California. When she moved to Oregon she decided that she wanted to go to another church.  She invited us to come back this next week and get to know her a little more. I am so grateful for how the Lord works in mysterious ways! We weren't able to meet the referral but we met Laura!

As of right now none of our investigators are progressing but we feel that it is going to take off soon! The Lord helps us in so many ways!

Funny story…This one is especially for Sarah :)  We were at a less active’s house and they have a cat.  The whole lesson the cat was staying away from me so I was doing okay.  Then we wanted to say a prayer before leaving.  We closed our eyes and starting praying, and the cat jumps on me!  He was all over me playing with my boots.  I was shaking!  I seriously thought I might die right then and there...hahaha.  Hermana Meise was shaking because she was laughing because she knew I was terrified out of my mind.  Luckily they didn't hear our shaking and we were able to leave without the cat killing me :)

I am so grateful for the gospel and for the amazing opportunity I have to be a missionary!  I have been able to see how many ways I am blessed.  I am so grateful for our family especially mom and dad.  Mom does so many things for us daily and Dad is such a wonderful priesthood holder that always wants us to do the best.  This week, think of all the ways Mom and Dad have helped us become better people and closer to the Savior.

I hope that you all have a wonderful week!  I love you all!

Love,

Hermana Gifford
Thanks for the Valentine cookies, Mom!

And the cupcakes!

This is baby Nefi! He has the flu in this picture so he doesn't look that cute but he is the cutest little baby I have ever seen!

I love my companions!

The Hermana's in the zone

Just hiking in good ole Oregon!


This is our zone! We are the only zone in the whole mission that is all Spanish speaking

We got to hike Silver Falls for Pday today! Part of Twilight was filmed here :)




No comments:

Post a Comment